Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Chick pea butter cookies

Ok, this recipe is not in my Grandma's recipe book, but it's one that I find handy, because it means I can send "peanut butter" flavoured cookies in my kid's lunches to school.  This can be made with Chick pea butter, or soynut butter. I have made it both ways and I'm never sure which I prefer. I think chunky style might work well, as well.   Preheat overn to  350
 1/2 c butter/margarine
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 cup-3/4 cup nut free chick pea-peanut butter, or soy butter (crunchy optional)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (i usually leave this out)
1 1/2 Cup flour
Cream butter, sugar, pea butter, add vanilla, eggs, beat until fluffy, stir in baking soda and salt.  Blend in flour.
Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet, then press in a criss cross with fork.
Bake for 10 minutes.
eat without guilt around your nut free friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment