Sunday, March 18, 2012

Awesome Guacamole

In honour of the passing of my Mother in Law after her long battle with cancer, I thought I would post a recipe from a book she gave me years ago- it was a special edition Company's Coming book. I have a few good stand-by recipes I use out of this book. I think I will share the base for my guacamole recipe out of that. Modified a bit, of course, but still a nod to Company's Coming for this great recipe and to my Mother In Law for buying the book. I've asterisked the ingredients that I changed/added.

 4 Avacados, peeled, cut
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup hellman's mayo
1/4 cup chopped onion
1tsp chili powder
(1/4 tsp cayenne) i left this out.
* cumin-a smidge or dash
*fresh garlic, 1/4-1/2 a spoon roughly(rather than 1/2tsp garlic powder)
*twist or two , or three of sea salt from the shaker.
1/4 tsp pepper
Keep back 1 avacado pit- putting it in the dip afterward, helps keep the dip from turning brown.

Toss everything into the blender,process until smooth (not the pit!). Turn into a bowl. (you can freeze it but I never have).  Pop that pit in that you saved back and cover it with the guac. Now is the time to put on top of it the tomatoes or other toppings you might want, and serve!
Delish.



No comments:

Post a Comment