Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tea Biscuits

The last few weeks, we have been battling illness around our house, so I haven't had a chance to update any of my blogs. I have had a chance to serve a ton of soup and lots of biscuits. So this recipe is rather appropriate for this time of the year- Tea biscuits 2 cups Flour 3 teaspoon Baking Powder 3/4 tsp salt 1 Tablespoon sugar 1 egg 2 Tablespoons shortening 1/3 cup water A good hot oven. No additional instructions have been included, but I'm going to guess that it's mix it all together then you could drop it by spoonfuls onto your baking sheet. If the mixture seems to have a little more doughy texture, then I would suggest rolling and cutting out with a cup prior to putting them on the baking sheet-. 350 to 375 should be good, and then when they look done, they probably are! I would estimate 8-11 minutes. Pair these up with a tasty homemade stew or chili and voila a perfect fall meal

No comments:

Post a Comment